Started in February of 1977 by Jess Rodriguez, the "J" in J's Tire stands for the Rodriguez family members (Jess, Juanita, Jay, John, Joe, Jackie, and Jeff) of whom all worked at J's on the store's grand opening. Below is a brief timeline of events covering the history of J's Tire:
February 4, 1977 - J's Tire & Appliance opens on E. Hickory St. in Streator, IL
September 9, 1977 - J's Tire & Appliance is incorporated and moved to larger location at 1724-1726 N. Bloomington St. (Streator)
September, 1988 - J's Appliance & J's Video move to Illini Plaza (Streator)
January, 1991 - J's Tire moves to current location within Illini Plaza at 1412 N. Bloomington St.
Rooted in our familial beginning, J's Tire has grown to serve the automotive needs of much of the tri-county area (LaSalle, Livingston, and Marshall counties). More than just tires, J's Tire has developed into a full-service automotive repair shop as well. From preventative maintenance such as oil changes and tune ups to more detailed maintenance such as brakes, shocks, struts, and front end alignments, we are able to service your vehicle in a number of ways. Please see our Services section to view an expanded listing of the services we offer.